Our little girl turned four this last week, and I wanted to throw her a budget friendly, girlie party. While I love to entertain, and make our kiddos feel special on their day, I don't believe in spending a forturne on parties.
Enter.. the dollar store. For under $25.00, I managed to decorate our space and include some special party favors without breaking the bank!
This heart banner was $1!!! They come in a pack of 16, just add string and you have a instant banner.
The first rule in throwing a party on a budget is to look for items you already have. I raided our pantry for these little jars to fill these with sweetheart candy for party favors. I used the pink dollies and traced the top outline of the lid to add texture to the and color to the top. The word love was already engraved in the dollies…added bonus!
Look for things that not only fit your theme, but add drama to your space. These butterfly wings were bonus find at the Dollar Store! Not only did they make a fantastic decoration, but doubled as a party favor for the girls to take home.
These finger foods are delicious and so easy to make. Strawberry cream cheese on a ritz cracker and sliced strawberry, cuz let's be honest. A salty and sweet combination?…. YUM!
I justified splurging on her cake because I didn't spend a lot on the decor. I admit, I could have made it, but I ran out of time in the week. I did call around though and found this one for half the price of the big box store
Sources: All from the Dollar Tree unless otherwise noted
1. Mini caning jars (already owned) with pink heart dollie (comes in pack of 16) $1 plus bag of candy $1. Enough to fill approx. 6 mini jars
2. Napkins (pack of 25) $1 plus pack of dress up rings (pack of 8) $1
3. China plates (pack of 6) $1 layered with already owned china
4. Mini star wands (pack of 8) $1
5. Plastic silver forks (pack of 8) $1
6. White paper heart dollie (pack of 16) $1
7. White milk glasses with reusable straws. Pack of 6 glasses and 6 straws $7/ TjMaxx
8. Mini silver frames with customizable place setting names $1
9. Bush of pink carnations (7 stems) $1
10. Happy Birthday tiaras (pack of 4) $1
11. Little gift favor boxes (pack of 12) .33/piece/Michaels filled with lipgloss, stickers, and nailpolish found on clearance.
12. Floral Tablecloth already owned/ TjMaxx
So see? It is possible to throw a party without breaking the bank! I challenge you to visit your local Dollar Store and see what you can come up with for your next big party!!!!